Indoor solar lights are a great option to illuminate your home or office. There are a good number of reasons for this. Firstly, indoor solar lighting is affordable. Secondly, installing them is easy and won’t require the services of a handyman. Thirdly, they are cost-effective (no cost of maintenance), and they can provide illumination for long hours. These are enough reasons to purchase them.
Indoor solar lighting doesn’t require fuel or batteries to operate. They can ideally be placed at the side of your home, as backup lighting, or in a separate shed.
This article will discuss the concept of indoor solar lighting, its pros, cons, and a number of the best indoor solar lights to look for in the market.
The Concept of Indoor Solar Lighting
These are portable lights that utilize solar energy to illuminate the house. They are the ideal alternative to electric power bulbs during power outages. They are also readily available in the market, and they’re very durable. How do they work?
How Does Indoor Solar Lighting Work?
This lighting comes with a solar panel responsible for receiving solar energy and converting it into electricity. This electricity powers the solar light bulbs to provide illumination. Certain indoor solar lights are designed to install their solar panels away from the light bulbs. This makes it easy to set up these panels and have direct exposure to the sun.
Furthermore, placing your solar panel in direct exposure to the sun enhances the degree of illumination the lighting will provide and prolongs the operational time.
Types of Indoor Solar Lighting
Indoor solar lights come in varieties. They include:
- Solar tube lights: These lights are flexible and small in size. They’re also referred to as sun tunnels or tubular skylights.
- Solar lighting with separate solar panels: These lights have panels set up in a different location from the light bulbs.
- Solar skylights: These lights increase the volume of sunlight in the house. They’re like windows on steroids.
Pros of Indoor Solar Lighting
Some of the benefits to be enjoyed from using indoor solar lights include:
- They are environment-friendly: They help in lessening our carbon emissions into the environment.
- Saves Energy: They tap energy directly from the sun and function for several hours. This reduces your reliance on conventional electricity, which means lesser electricity bills.
- Easy to install: They can easily be installed anywhere in the house, using screws or hooks.
- Affordable: They are inexpensive lights and easy to operate.
Cons of Indoor Solar Lighting
As great as indoor solar lights are, they have some disadvantages such as:
- Not ideal for big spaces: They don’t provide illumination like normal light bulbs, and their illumination is limited to the number of solar bulbs in the house.
- Their charging depends on the amount of solar energy they receive.
The Best Indoor Solar Lighting to Look for in the Market
Some of the suitable picks you can go for (depending on your needs) include:
- ∙ Solar LED Barn Light: LED lighting can be used both indoors and outdoors. The light is ideal for larger spaces.
- ∙ Solar Pendant Wall Lantern: It is very flexible and can easily be targeted in any direction you want.