Become a Certified Contractor
The Denver Energy Challenge (DEC) and EnergySmart in Boulder County are pleased to offer the Residential Contractor Partnership Program. We are dedicated to renewed focus on workforce development as we continue to evolve our energy efficiency programs to better serve our communities.
- License and Certification requirements appropriate for the communities served
- Must have a BPI Manager with minimum 1 year experience
- Must be an Xcel Home Performance with Energy Star Contractor
- Personnel performing required CAZ testing must Score 80% or better on level 2 of the Interplay CAZ Simulation (licenses to use the simulation are subsidized by the programs)
- Must present Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing
- Have not been removed from any government, local, utility or other Energy Efficiency program. (If contractor has been removed, they must provide documentation of the grounds for removal and adequate evidence of remedying those reasons)
- DEC/ES Homeowner Rating of no less than 8
- Admission Interview passing score of 85 Points
- Maintain a DEC/ES past QC performance minimum average score of 70 once admitted into the program
Contractor Operations Guide
Commercial Contractors - The Denver Energy Challenge does NOT provide commercial services. If you would like more information about the City and County of Denver's business program, contact Certifiably Green Denver.